Season: Fall 2017
Teams: The Austin Goldstars Soccer Club currently has two teams that play in the Austin Men’s Soccer Association (AMSA). All new players start on White (D6) for one season. This allows for the captains to evaluate your skill level and build team unity. Exceptions can be made for players with extensive soccer experience. Please contact the team captain if you think you should start on D5 (Gold).
- Gold Team (D5): The Gold Team is the more competitive co-ed team that plays in the Austin Men’s Soccer Association Division 5. This team is focused on winning, so playing time is limited and based on skill. Typically players have several years of experience and extensive knowledge of the game.
Captains: Jay Eaton and Anton Menchaca
- White Team (D6): The White Team is a co-ed team that plays in the Austin Men’s Soccer Association Division 6. This division focuses on even playing time with the goal set at growing soccer skills, communicating, and having fun. Of course, winning is always a bonus!
Captains: Chris Laguna and Jesse Milinowicz
AMSA: The Austin Men’s Soccer Association (AMSA) is the primary amateur men’s soccer league in Austin, and one of the largest leagues in Texas with over 3,200 players and more that 130 teams. The majority of AMSA’s games are played Sundays at the Onion Creek Soccer Complex; however, additional games are played at fields in the Greater Austin area.
AMSA Fee: AMSA charges a $40 yearly player fee (Fall, Spring & Summer) for each player using the website ATEAMO (see Joining the Goldstars below).
Team Fees: Paid by the Goldstars Club (see Joining the Goldstars below).
Referee Fees: Paid by the Goldstars Club (see Joining the Goldstars below).
Joining the Goldstars
1. Contact the Goldstars Secretary to get signed up on Team Cowboy and ATEAMO:
Email email@example.com with:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email Address
- Phone Number
If you believe you should be on D5, please provide soccer background. Otherwise, you will be added to the D6 White team.
2. You will receive 2 emails asking you to join/register for Team Cowboy (full club and specific team) and ATEAMO (see below).
3. Register for Team Cowboy.
Team Cowboy: Team Cowboy is a website and app that Goldstars Captains and Board members use to contact players during the season. It is also where players RSVP for games. It is very important to keep your contact information current on Team Cowboy. Pro-tip: We also highly recommend that you download the Team Cowboy app for easy RSVP’ing.
There are two different pages:
Gold Team: This is where the Gold Team (D5) receives Gold Team specific communications from their Captains or other teammates. This is also where Gold Team members get game time and field location information, as well as RSVP for games and practices. It is very important to RSVP for games as soon as possible.
White Team: This is where the White Team (D6) receives White Team specific communications from their Captains or other teammates. This is also where White Team members get game time and field location information, as well as RSVP for games and practices. It is very important to RSVP for games as soon as possible.
4. Register for ATEAMO and Pay Annual AMSA Fee:
ATEAMO: ATEAMO is a website that AMSA uses for player registrations, rosters, and fee collection. You MUST pay the annual AMSA fee and be on the AMSA roster before you can play in any AMSA games. You will receive a link to ATEAMO from the Secretary or Treasurer. Please contact them if you don’t receive an email with a link.
5. The Goldstars Secretary or Treasurer will send you the Club Season Player Fee
Note: If you pay the ATEAMO fee and have not heard from the Secretary/Treasurer within two days feel free to send an email letting them know.
6. Pay Season Player Fees: Player fees cover team registration for AMSA, referee fees, club equipment, social events, and other miscellaneous club expenses. There are two ways to pay:
- Payment via PayPal (Treasurer.Goldstars@gmail.com) Make sure to select “Send money to Friends/Family” to avoid any fees. You will be paying “James Eaton” but the payment goes directly to our Treasurer.
- Payment via Venmo (@Austin-Goldstars)
Standard Fee: $65.00 (If you pay before the first game of the season)
Late Fee: $75.00 (If you pay after the first game of the season)
New players have until the third game to pay season dues. Returning players must pay before the first game in order to play.
The Austin Goldstars Soccer Club wants to make soccer available to everyone. If you would like to play but have a financial hardship, please contact the Treasurer and we will work it out with you. We are happy to keep that information confidential.
RSVP for games on Team Cowboy and have a great season!
AMSA games for Division 5 (Gold) and Division 6 (White) are held on Sundays between 8am and 4pm. Most games are located at Onion Creek Soccer Complex (South Austin), but some may be held at Northeast Metropolitan Park (Pflugerville) and East Metropolitan Park (Manor).
For more information on field location and time please check Team Cowboy or AMSA website at www.AustinMensSoccer.com
Rain Out Info: Please go to www.AustinMensSoccer.com and scroll to the bottom of the page for rain out information. If a game is known to be cancelled, the Board or captains will usually send out an email communication to the club.
Note: Different fields have different rain out policies. Just because one division is rained out does not necessarily mean that both divisions are rained out.
The club will provide jerseys, but all players need to provide his/her own cleats, shin guards and white socks. The team captains are responsible for providing the uniforms for each game. Shin guards are required to play!
Most practices are held on Tuesdays throughout the season. These practices are optional but highly encouraged. We meet at Zilker Park at 6pm in the northeast corner of the park (see map below).
- Note: Due to daylight savings time, some practice locations at the beginning of Spring and the end of Fall may change. Check Team Cowboy emails and the Facebook Group for updates on practice locations and rainout information.